Sunday, September 25, 2011

N.U. Hope

Saturday was the 4th annual N.U. Hope Suicide Awareness Walk in Ogden, Ut.

My friend Teresa and I, along with her mom, Lori supported the cause and went to walk and stand tall to support those who have lost loved ones and gain knowledge in how to help those struggling. I personally have never been effected by suicide but when I arrived at the fundraiser, I was blown away by how many people really struggle through and live through loved ones who have committed suicide.

There was a memory board that you could post your thoughts on and I almost broke down into tears with how many people have been effected and the love they send out to those who have transitioned from this life to the next.

That's why this fundraiser was created. To create awareness to suicide and to have the knowledge to spot it, approach it, and suggest support groups for those who are struggling.

Their motto:

Hold on. Persuade. Empower.

What a powerful motto to have. This fundraiser opened my naive eyes to the world around me and has taken a big chunk of my heart and turned it towards a passion to create awareness for all. I will definitely be returning annually to help give my support to these families and those who are struggling in life and promoting the cause through work, friends, and blogs.

It feels good to be doing something good. So let me ask you:

What are you passionate about?

p.s. sorry, I'm really terrible about taking pictures, but I will try to be better!

1 comment:

Stefanie D. said...

Such a great cause!!! That is awesome that you went!