Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So tell me, how is it possible that somebody can fall UP the stairs?

I can understand somebody slipping on the stairs and falling down, but how on earth can a person fall up the stairs? You think it would be physically human impossible.

Ha, well I defeat impossible. Impossible is like sticking your finger up your nose, easy and accessible.

I had finished watching Meet Joe Black with my hubby and it was probably around 12:30 am and I was delirious from fatigue and from the sappy movie we watched. I sauntered up from the couch, following my husband upstairs (mind you we have an older home and our stairs are a bit steep and narrow) I had almost made it to the top when I had a brain fart, skipped a step and smashed my foot into the last step, flinging myself all over the floor, bumping into the garbage can. (Thank goodness it didn't topple over and spill all it's wonderful contents out on me!)

My husband just stared at me like I was some kind of idiot while I giggled and laughed at myself. I guess I inherited a clutziness from my dad's side of the family (no offense meant!). I have always seemed to trip over nothing.

While at work, I somehow tripped over my pants (how in the heck can you trip over pants!) and went sprawled out on the floor, my shoes flying off my feet, and to add on top of the embarassment, we were super busy, so the lobby and drive up was packed so I'm sure everybody and their dogs saw me fall.

Ha ha, I wonder how it would be to see myself through the glass of the drive through. A teller walking towards her station, sudden fear appearing on her face as she disappears behind the wall, then suddenly shoots back up into sight again, her cheeks flushed pink. ha ha I would love to see it. Maybe I can get a copy of the video tape from work off of our cameras.

2 comments:

Quela said...

yay! you have a blog! I'm excited that you decided to join the big beautiful blogging world. Watch out though, it might take over your life! But it really is a great way to keep in touch with people, especially when they decide to move or something. How is the new place, by the way? Sounds like you still need to work on mastering your new stairs. Don't worry, I've totally fallen up the stairs before. It's definitely no fun at all. I don't think anyone saw me, so I just felt like an idiot all by myself and then got up and kept walking. Lame, I know.

Stefanie D. said...

HA! Cate I feel your pain! I'm very accident prone myself. :) I trip on the rugs at my work ALL-THE-TIME. *knock on wood* Um, I'm not sure if you can look up blogs on here. I'm still new at this as well! One of my friends showed me hers and I just found some of my friends that way. Since this is a "google"-based website, you could probably look them up that way. But I'm not sure how to do it otherwise. :) Let me know if you figure it out!