Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and Hunting

So, my husband, Chris, is leaving for two weeks to go play in the mountains, carrying guns, and shooting elk. For two stinking weeks! Ugh.

But I am not the only one who is being left behind. My mother-in-law (Hi mom!), my sister-in-law (Hi Steffie!) and maybe my mom (Hi mom!) are all being left behind too. But at least they have somebody to talk to while our hubbies are gone. They have their little dogs to take care of them. I don't even have anything to talk to except myself (which people would probably think I am going crazy) or I can talk to the house. Lame.

Don't get me wrong though. I like hunting; well, I will go on hunting trips, but I won't shoot an animal. I only shoot clay pigeons during a contest :) and last time that happened I beat my husband! ha ha ha! But he will never admit to it :). I even beat him at fishing and he won't admit to it :). He's so competitive. Oh, well. At least I have witnesses that I beat him in these things, and we all know the truth that I really did beat him :) But anyways, back to hunting. Like I said, I am not opposed to hunting. I will go on the hunting trips and walk around with the guys looking for elk, deer, moose, whatever they are hunting. But I never seem to be able to go whenever they take their trips. Hmmm....

The Good is that we get to stock our freezer full of meat! YEAH!
The Bad, Chris wants to stuff the elk head and hang it up in the house (over my dead body! He can take the garage or the sheds, the house is off limits)
Hunting, well I already voiced my opinion on hunting.

Oh well. I have gotten through two weeks without him last year, I guess I can do it again. I will just have to visit all my friends and family and go shopping :)

So what do you think? Good, Bad, or Ugly?

1 comment:

Stefanie D. said...

Ewww.....I won't let Rob bring his pig head in the house. So I really don't blame you there!