Thursday, September 11, 2008

I finally decided that I am a graceful creature.

Seriously!

I am graceful when I trip and fall...yes I had yet another falling incident. My husband, mother-in-law and I were at our old home yesterday mowing the lawn and pulling weeds so the yard would look appealing to home consumers.

I was helping my husband lower the wheels on the mower, and I finished one side and I stepped over the mower to lower the other side, when for some reason, the string you pull to start the mower got caught between my foot and my flip flop.

Now here is where I am graceful. I flung my arms around like a wild dancer and landed in a pose as a dancer would in their number; my palms facing flat, catching my fall and my body contoured in a defensive position. I stayed flat on the cement, making my fall a little more dramatic. I pushed up my shoulders and drew my legs in underneath me, like a dancer would, and I stood up.

(Of course my husband just stood there and let me finish my dance and not interrupt, your such a loving husband :))

I wish I could post my war wounds...:) I have a big goose egg right below my left knee, a goose egg right below my right knee and a quarter size scratch on my shoulder. Cement is not the softest place to land.

Maybe when I get my house back I can post all of my flooding pictures and my war wounds.

ha ha.

2 comments:

Stefanie D. said...

I heard about the flooding!!! I'm so sorry!!! That has to be the worst!

Catie said...

It was crazy at first! I didn't know what to do. But it's getting better now...we had the adjustor out today so things are looking up. Hopefully we can be back in our home by Christmas.