Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Flap your gums and ramble

I don't really have something I would like to talk exclusively about, so I'm just going to flap my little gums.

Well first off, today is the first day of October! I love October with its beautiful nature surprise in the trees and shrubs, and of course, Halloween! Halloween is probably one of my most favorite holidays there are in the 365 days we have in a year :) There is a struggle to Halloween though, I have no idea what to be....I thought of a vampire, but I bet everybody in the world who loves Stephenie Meyer thought about being a vampire (or werewolf). Then I thought about being a pirate, which I'm still not sold on either. Then there are fairies, and what not. I actually saw costumes for the Phantom of the Opera, and I thought I could get the cool white dress that Christine wore in the recently released movie of Phantom of the Opera, but they just had stupid masks of the Phantom. I like the renissance (sp?) era and their stuff, but I can't seem to find a costume there either. Then there are cavemen, vikings, goths, egyptians, greeks, civil war, etc if you want to head off in that category. There are also clowns (shudder), bumble bees, candy corn, betty boop, ketchup (I was actually mustard one year with my best friend and she was ketchup! What great times we had :) ). Hmmm... OOOO maybe I will be like a fortune teller or gypsie or something. That's not too often done every year right?

What are you going to be for Halloween this year?

We just finished decorating my work for Halloween. It's so much fun :) We don't have a whole lot of stuff and some of it is just dinky crap but hey it still works! I have to go this year and buy some new decorations for next year because some of our stuff is kinda wore out and we had to throw some of it away today. It makes me sad though because I can't decorate my own home.....yeah, we are still working on that. So far it's still demolished inside, no kitchen, no sink, no bathrooms, no running water...but hopefully we can get somebody in to start working on it by this weekend or the first of next week. YES!
But none the less, I have to wait until next year to be able to decorate for Halloween...bummer.
Hopefully we can be in by Christmas so we can put all of our Christmas stuff up! Hopefully we have room to put it all!

Hmmm...well I think I have flapped my gums enough. I guess I did have a topic I wanted to talk about. ha ha. Bye ya'll!

2 comments:

Stefanie D. said...

Oh Halloween....I can't believe it's October already!!! My aniversary is in 7 days. Whohoo!

Catie said...

Oh that's right! you guys are going on four years? Weird! But Chris and I are going on 3 years in January. How the time flies!